Afro Nerd Girl by DigitalCoeliac
Afro Nerd Girl by DigitalCoeliac
The images speak for themselves
the truest comic ever
this is perfection
I was not expecting the last one
The starved baked potato
Juan down, Juan tu GEAUX!
Presenting : White people damaging their hair by forcing it to do something it’s not meant to in an effort to seem earthy.
this shit is nasty
Omg! That last one is kinda fresh! I call it the Meatloaf
Seriously white people? Give it the fuck up. You don’t have the hair texture for that. Accept it.
Somebody told me that if I deleted this post I’d stop getting notes on it (it was blowing up my phone) and that *kinda* worked. I would like to take a moment and point out that I had a shit ton of people hounding my inbox and the comments saying they had dreads that look like this and they weren’t gross or that if they don’t shower this is what their hair does naturally
- The dreads in this picture are hella nasty. One is full of mold. That’s the point. These are NOT what dreads are supposed to look like.
- Hair that isn’t afro textured never ever looks like real dreads (i.e. they don’t look the same at all) If you had to backcomb, they probably aren’t real dreads.
- You are exploiting your white privilege if you can still go to school and work with your dreads in, because black people consistently have their natural hair deemed ‘unprofessional’ and used as a means to prevent them from getting hired and to fire them from jobs and have them expelled from school.
- They won’t do their own research. No, the Celts did not have dreads, no dreadlocks are not found everywhere
- White people calling themselves Rastafarian. Are you kidding. ‘Rasta’ and ‘Rastafarian’ are not terms meaning ‘Bob Marley Fan Club’ or ‘I like weed’. Rastafarians are AGAINST white supremacy.
- BUT BLACK PEOPLE STRAIGHTEN THEIR HAIR/ WEAR WHITE HAIR. One, black people don’t wear ‘white hair’. I’m not lying to you, walk into a hair story.You will find Indian, Malaysian, Brazilian but never European hair because it’s not as great as you think it is. Two, the fact that people with kinky hair straighten it with relaxer or flat irons ect is because black people are taught that their natural hair is ‘not good hair’ and because their natural hair is sometimes deemed as unprofessional. Do you like movies? Chris Rock made one about it called ‘Good hair’. Also, this.
- Your Dreadlocks are cultural appropriation. They also look nasty.
Ewwww mold in hair??
This made me fucking itch.
Pharrell and The New Black
FOR THE FELLAS
Congratulations to Chicago’s Urban Prep Academy they are celebrating yet another year of extraordinary success.For the fifth year in a row, all 240 seniors at the all-African-American-male high school have earned acceptance letters into a four-year college or university!!!!!
On Tuesday, the Class of 2014 celebrated their momentous occasion during a traditional ceremony where they exchanged their red uniform ties for a red-and-gold striped tie - a tradition done in observance of their achievement.
“The tie represents to me moving on from a boy to becoming a young man and actually doing something with my life,” graduating senior Dumar Harris told NBC Chicago. The mayor of Chicago Rahm Emanuel attended the ceremony Tuesday to give the students a few encouraging words. Dwayne Wade has also donated $10,000 through his foundation, Wade’s World.
So cool that they discovered a new Class M planet. Too bad it’s 500 light years away!! #astronomy #planets #cosmos
I used to sit and watch that giant clock for hours